Friday 22 October 2010

Light/Shadow Photoshop Excercise

    Yesterday we had a lecture on creating 3D shapes in Photoshop using some simple techniques. There were a few small tricks that were worth remembering like using complementary colours to create shadows as opposed to black/greys and creating a small area around the perimeter of the shape to create an environmental glow effect. I'd played around in Photoshop before using basic tools like the pen tool, messing around with opacity's to create shades etc. although it was nice to be able to learn a few methods which were effective if used properly. I spent 20 minutes this morning just to give it another go and I came up with the picture below. I was feeling adventurous so I tried creating a kind of over shadow effect on the smaller ball, it doesn't quite look right although I'm sure time, trial and error will help me improve! (Also I'm not sure why but depending on the angle that you look at this, there's a weird glow around the edge of the spheres, I'm doing this on a laptop so I have to tilt my screen back to see it normally or stand back a bit...)

No comments:

Post a Comment