Saturday 26 February 2011

Gradient Mesh Experiment: Banana

    A classmate was showing me gradient meshes in Illustrator yesterday, something that I'd never thought about using before but after having a quick play about with it putting shading on a circle I thought I should try and do something more testing. I googled 'gradient mesh' just to have a look at what other people have done with it and the first result I found was a guy called Yukio Miyamoto. This stuff he was pulling off using gradient meshes is amazing, work far better than what I expected to come up. I'll put a link to the website at the end of this post. Although it occured to me that if you can create images in Illustrator that are pretty much 99.9% accurate to real life then you might as well just take a picture... Regardless, they're still brilliant!
    Anyway I wanted to give it a go myself so I thought i'd just try and do something simple and copy from a google image. There was a bunch of bananas sitting next to me when I was thinking what to do so that's what I decided to use. Below is the result, I'm pretty pleased with it as a first attempt, I'll have another mess about with gradient meshes another time and hopefully do something more complicated...


[Click for bigger image]

Link for the website:
http://www.khulsey.com/masters_yukio_miyamoto.html

No comments:

Post a Comment