Wednesday 1 December 2010

SportsWheel Update

    I've spent the last few hours just polishing off and finalising some of the aspects of my SportsWheel assets. I'm pretty much there now, I've managed to finish my actual target board design (which is going to act as the sportswheel), made the few changes to the chips that I mentioned in the previous post and create my 'fire' button. Whist playing about with the assets in Illustrator I also decided on a new layout which works just as well as my previous idea however saves me some time and effort. I'm going to post up what I've got so far so you can all have a look and also I've got a backup method of showing them if my jpeg's decide to cock up in tomorrow's presentation...

(Click the image for a bigger picture)

    So here are the coins, the '100' coin has slightly changed in colour to keep it disimilar to the '10' coin.

(Click the image for a bigger picture)

    Here is my 'Fire Button', which was surprisingly tricky to do as I didn't really have too much reference to go by, so after playing around with strokes and colours I came up with this. The standard button on the left is what the player will see normally, however once clicked it will change to the example on the right, just to give the effect of them actually pressing something, also it's for practical reasons to, allowing the player to know when they've hit the button.


 (Click the image for a bigger picture)
    And here is my 'SportsTarget'. Essentially it's the same as the original SportsWheel design with regards to how the numbers, coloured/numbered sections are laid out. I didn't really feel the need to change too much of it as it works quite nicely anyway and also I didn't want to over complicate the design. I did change the centre of the design to that kind of 'X', quartered style to make it slightly more similar to a archery target, actually I think I could probably emphasise that more. The stand behind the target and simple wood grain effect I've added are just for aesthetics again to emphasise that it's meant to be a archery target. I'm also thinking about adding a few arrows sticking out of the ground when I come to design the background, which won't be too hard, again to add to the archery theme. The image below is the breakdown of the parts I used to make the target, basically it was all done using shapes that I drew using the pen tool in Illustrator. I tried to avoid using the premade circle shape tool where possible mainly because it would make the style different to the rest of the game. The number seperators were done just using the line tool, it actually took alot less time than I thought it would. I drew out the lines on one side aiming to get 15 different sections and if there was one less/one more section i woud just make the spaces between the lines smaller/bigger. Once I've done the background and balance/stake box I'm pretty much done. I don't think I'll be able to code the game to a working model however hopefully I should be able to do a few basic animations showing how the game plays out.
    And that's it so far! I think the deadline is in a few weeks so I've got plenty of time to finish the few bits I've got left.

No comments:

Post a Comment