Tuesday 9 November 2010

Animal Frenzy Asset: Whale Vector

   (Click the image for a bigger picture)

This is my first attempt at vectorising for Animal Frenzy using Illustrator CS5. I started with a scanned drawing and began creating shapes to create the components of the whale like the fins, tail, eye and body. The middle image is showing the outlines of the shapes used which were then filled with colours and gradients to create the final image on the end. It was important to keep the different sections of the whale like the fins and tail as separate objects as when they are imported into Flash they can be moved about and animated. I won't be uploading images for each vector I do and spamming up my blog but I might post at the end of the vectorising process showing all of them together, this is just to briefly explain the proccess. I'm quite happy with my attempt, just about 25 more to go!

1 comment: